OTTUMWA-Trash and recycling collection in Ottumwa will occur as usual this week. The week between Christmas and New Years Day; trash and recycling normally collected on Monday, December 26 will move to Tuesday, December 27. All bulkys will be collected on Thursday, December 29 that week.
A number of City offices will be closed for the Christmas holiday including:
- City of Ottumwa departments and offices at City Hall will be closed Friday, December 23 and Monday, December 26 in observance of the Christmas holiday.
- The Ottumwa Police Department Records Desk will be closed on Friday and Monday, December 23 and 26.
- The Ottumwa, Calvary and Jewish Cemetery office at 1302 N. Court will be closed both Friday and Monday, December 23 and 26.
- The Ottumwa Public Library will be closed Saturday, December 24 through Monday December 26.
- Ottumwa Transit buses will not be operating Friday and Monday, December 23 and 26.
- Ottumwa Water and Hydro offices will be closed Friday, December 23 and Monday, December 26 for the Christmas holiday.
- The Ottumwa/Wapello Landfill and the Recycling Center will both be closed Saturday, December 24 and Monday, December 26.
- The City of Ottumwa Health and Inspections Department will be open holiday hours, 8 AM to 4:30 PM for the next three weeks.