OTTUMWA-On Wednesday, December 21, 2016, at approximately 6:45 a.m., officers from Ottumwa Police Department Emergency Response Team, Iowa Division of Narcotics Enforcement, Ottumwa Police Department, and the Southeast Iowa Inter-Agency Drug Task Force, executed a search warrant at the Miguel Angel Gallegos JR residence located at 1707 Asbury, Ottumwa.
Evidence consistent with the distribution of marijuana was seized as a result of the search. The following people were arrested:
Miguel Angel Gallegos JR, age 30, of 1707 Asbury, Ottumwa, was charged with the following charges:
- Delivery of Marijuana, 4 Counts, all Class “D” Felonies
- Possession with the Intent to Deliver Marijuana, a Class “D” Felony
- Failure to Affix a Drug Tax Stamp, a Class “D” Felony
- Prohibited Acts (Enhanced) Possession of Cocaine, an Aggravated Misdemeanor
Amanda Norisa Gallegos, age 21, of 1707 Asbury, Ottumwa, was arrested and charged with:
- Prohibited Acts- Possession of Marijuana, a Serious Misdemeanor
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia, a Simple Misdemeanor
Please note the following pursuant to recent Supreme Court rulings: A criminal charge is merely an accusation and a defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty.