OTTUMWA— The Ottumwa High School Stand Up 2 Cancer (SU2C) club and the OHS cheerleaders are hosting Cancer Awareness Week January 9 – 13. Each day will have a cancer-related theme with a dress-up day. Students and staff are encouraged to participate. Theme days include:
- Monday: Dreaming of a World without Cancer- pajama day
- Tuesday: Fighting for a Cure- superhero or villain day
- Wednesday: Give Cancer the Boot- cowboy/cowgirl day
- Thursday: Crazy for a Cure- clashing attire and crazy hair day
- Friday: Bulldogs for a Cure- red/white day or cancer shirt day
During the Friday, January 13 home basketball game, there will be a ribbon table for people to represent loved ones lost or fighting against cancer. During halftime, there will be a moment to Stand Up 2 Cancer where people can hold up signs for people who they want to stand up for.