OTTUMWA – Monday, February 17th is the state and federal holiday to commemorate George Washington’s birthday. A number of City of Ottumwa offices and services are affected by the holiday.
* Offices at Ottumwa’s City Hall and the Ottumwa Public Works Central Garage will be closed Monday, February 17, in observance of the holiday.
* The Ottumwa, Calvary and Jewish Cemetery office at 1302 N. Court will be closed on Monday the 17th.
*The Ottumwa Police Department Records Desk will be closed on Monday, February 17.
* Both the Ottumwa/ Wapello Landfill and the Recycling Center will be closed Monday, February 17.
* City residential trash and recycling normally collected on Monday, February 17 will be picked up Tuesday the 18th. Bulky items normally collected on Tuesdays will be picked up on Thursday February 20. There is no change for the customers of the City’s rural residential trash and recycling collection. Bridge City Sanitation offices will be closed for the holiday Monday.
* The Ottumwa Public Library will be closed Monday, February 17.
* Ottumwa Transit buses will not be operating on Monday, February 17. The Ottumwa Transit office will be closed as well.
* Ottumwa Water and Hydro Offices at 230 Turner Drive will be closed on Monday, February 17.
* The Beach Ottumwa will be open 5:00 – 11 AM to Noon for lap swim and regular programs on Monday, February 17.