OTTUMWA – While City offices remain closed to the public, City services for the following departments will cease for the Memorial Day Holiday on Monday, May 25th. City staff will not be in the office in the following depts.
* City of Ottumwa departments and offices at City Hall will be closed Monday, May 25th in observance of Memorial Day.
* The Ottumwa Public Library will be closed Monday, May 25th.
*Ottumwa Transit Authority buses will not be operating Monday, May 25th.
* Ottumwa Water and Hydro Offices will be closed Monday, May 25th.
* The Ottumwa/ Wapello Landfill will be closed on Monday, May 25th. The Landfill will be open regular hours, 7 AM to Noon on Saturday, the 23rd.
* The Recycling Center will be closed on Monday, May 25th and continue to stay closed on Saturdays including Saturday the 23rd.
* City residential trash collection routes normally collected Monday will be postponed until Tuesday, May 26th due to the holiday.
* South side yard waste and bulky item pick up day (normally Tuesdays) will be moved to Thursday, May 28th. North and South side yard waste and bulkys will both be on Thursday the week of the holiday only. If residents need bulk pick up for bulky item pick up the week of the Memorial Day, they need to call Bridge City Sanitation at 641-682-1700 before 3 PM Wednesday, May 27th for pick up on the 28th.
* The Ottumwa, Calvary and Jewish Cemetery office at 1302 N. Court will be closed through the weekend and on Monday, May 25th. Due to COVID-19 concerns, there will not be an information tent this year. For lot locations and information, please contact the cemetery office prior to Memorial Day weekend at (641) 683-0687.