OTTUMWA—Evans Middle School will distribute laptop computers Monday-Wednesday, August 10-12 for all registered students in grades 6, 7, and 8. These district-owned devices are being provided due to COVID-19 to assist students when learning must take place at home. Students will also need to bring these devices to school each day.
Device distribution dates, grades, and times include: Evans 1:1 Distribution
- Monday, August 10: Sixth grade at 8-10 a.m. and 6-8 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 11: Seventh Grade at 8-10 a.m. and 6-8 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 12: Eighth Grade at 8-10 a.m. and 6-8 p.m.
- Thursday, August 20: For students unable to attend during their scheduled day at 8-10 a.m. and 6-8 p.m.
Students must be registered to attend the Ottumwa Community School district for the 2020-21 school year in order to receive a device. Upon completion of the online registration process, parents will receive an email verification. This email will include a barcode and confirmation code. This code will be required for device pickup. Please bring this code with you by having a digital copy available on a cell phone, tablet, etc. or a printed copy. It is important that you bring this code for each student.
On the designated day, enter the Evans Middle School parking lot via Chester Avenue heading west. District staff will scan your barcode to confirm registration. Parents will then be directed to the drive-thru location to pick up their student’s device.
Reminder, in order to receive your device, the following actions must be completed:
- After registration is complete, an email will be sent to the student with a barcode and a confirmation number. Please either print this or show this barcode on your phone for each student once you arrive. Please note, if you do not provide a barcode or confirmation number, we cannot verify that you have registered and will not be able to distribute a device to you.
Contact Evans Middle School with questions at 641-684-6511.