OTTUMWA—Ottumwa School’s Prime Time Youth Care (PTYC) program has made program changes in response to the district’s mitigation efforts related to COVID-19. These program changes will take effect on August 24, 2020. These changes include:
- Satellite locations are available at every elementary school to allow the program to social distance students, eliminate the need for busing, and reduce contact with students from other schools.
- All students must be registered for the 2020-21 school year. Parents must make reservations daily to attend both the AM and PM programs to help with staffing needs. Students not pre-registered will not be allowed to attend.
- Parents can call one number to reach any site (641-683-6337).
- All students and staff are required to wear masks. Mask breaks will be provided when students are outside.
- Social distancing guidelines will be followed.
- Hand sanitizing and hand washing will be done regularly through the daily program.
- Watch for information on drop off and pick up procedures. All schools are limiting the number of visitors. Parents will be able to utilize the district’s Remind system to communicate when they arrive for drop off or pick up.
PTYC’s goals remain the same, to provide a safe, enriching before, after school, and summer care program for school-age children in a caring and fun environment. For more information, contact Becky Eaton, Youth Services Coordinator, at 641-683-6337 or email@example.com.